First Announcement: Asymmetric Planetary Nebulae VII
Registrations are now open.
The 7th international conference in the highly regarded series on “Asymmetric Planetary Nebulae” will take place in Hong Kong SAR, China from Monday December 4th to Friday December 8th, 2017. The venue is the wonderful “Auberge Hotel” in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong which is also where we hope most delegates will be based. There will be a welcome reception on the Sunday evening.
For details please visit the conference website: https://apn7.com
The major themes of this meeting are:
- Shaping Mechanisms — role of binarity, magnetic fields & other factors
- What can we learn from the major increase in known PNe?
- How are post-AGB, pre-PNe and PNe phase shapes related?
- What role do the properties of the central stars play?
- What can we learn from jets and accretion disks in related/unrelated objects?
- What do advances in evolutionary models and timescales tell us?
- How do we maximally extract science from the available/planned facilities?
- What are the most important current issues to resolve?
Confirmed Invited speakers:
Bruce Balick (USA); Adam Frank (USA); David Frew (Hong Kong); Martin Guerrero (Spain); Susanne Hoefner (Sweden); Natasha Ivanova (Canada); Robert Izzard (UK); Amit Kashi (Israel); Eric Lagadec (France); Max Moe (USA); Sofia Ramstedt (Sweden); Valerio Ribeiro (Botswana); Carmen Sanchez Contreras (Spain); Wolfgang Steffen (Mexico); Hans Van Winckel (Belgium); Eva Villaver (Spain); Wouter Vlemmings (Sweden); Roger Wesson (UK)
Plenty of time for discussions throughout the scientific program will be made available. There will also be a Conference Proceedings (see web site) so all our great talks and reviews can be assembled in a special issue for handy reference.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hong Kong and to an exciting and vibrant meeting.
For details of the Conference venue see http://www.aubergediscoverybay.com.